Carol Jacoby is pleased to announce a new course.
★ Visualize your financial future year-by-year.
★ Explore your options.
★ Find out how to get where you want to be.
★ Do all this with spreadsheets you create in minutes.
Even if you’ve never used Excel before for anything but entering data, you’ll learn how to build quick, powerful, dynamic spreadsheets that give you real insights.
Think Excel is just pretty graphs and status reports? Come and be amazed.
Do people really get excited about Microsoft Excel?
Some spontaneous comments heard at recent workshops:
★ “Wow! Amazing!”
★ “This is so cool!”
★ “I wish I’d seen this 20 years ago.”
In just two hours you will learn five simple Excel techniques to help you explore questions like these in minutes.
- How much will my investments grow in 10 years?
- How can I save for my child’s college education?
- Can I afford to retire?
- How much sooner will I pay off my house if I pay $100 a month more?
- What markup do I need on the jewelry I make to net $2000 a month?
- Can I afford to buy the house?
Participants will learn to:
- Use Excel interactively to answer ever-changing questions
- Build models to answer complex financial questions quickly, using only simple arithmetic
- Explore the possibilities using “What-if” techniques
- “What-if” analysis and why decision makers need to be hands-on
- How to get Excel to write formulas for you
- AutoFill to build a complex model from a couple simple calculations
- Goal Seek to work the problem backwards
- Techniques for looking into the future
- The SMART technique for a balanced choice
“Thank you so very much for making such a ‘complicated’ process seem so comprehendible. I am excited to go home and create spreadsheets for everything from home to career!”
“I learned to really use Excel in a way that was never presented to me before….I will recommend this to my friends for sure.”
Carol Jacoby brings 28 years of experience as a systems engineer and manager to the challenges faced by decision-makers everywhere, through stimulating and interactive workshops. She has taught systems engineering and decision analysis courses throughout the country to corporations and government agencies. She has been using spreadsheets for more than 30 years and is the author of Simple Spreadsheets for Hard Decisions.